The Victorian Music Crawl is a Victorian Government initiative led by the state’s peak body for contemporary music, Music Victoria. Delivered in partnership with local government in regional Victoria, the tour aims to build connections between Melbourne-based music industry figures and bands, venues, agents, events, promoters, media and more based in regional Victoria.
Victorian Music Crawls have seen the music industry travel around the state to Ballarat, Castlemaine, Bendigo, Echuca, Frankston, Mornington Peninsula, Bass Coast, South Gippsland, Birregurra, Port Fairy, Tarerer, Warrnambool, Lorne, Airey’s Inlet, Anglesea, Queenscliff, Point Lonsdale, Ocean Grove and Geelong.
These tours have resulted in significant outcomes for the industry. The Victorian Music Crawl has:
- 47 leading music industry and media participants (tour guests) involved from across the music sector (delivered by three Music Victoria staff – Patrick Donovan (co-tour manager - VMC1, tour manager - VMC2), Nick Cooper (tour manager/co-tour manager - VMC1 and VMC3, driver/codriver – VMC2 and VMC3
- 29 towns/regional centres/cities visited
- 74 performances by Victorian artists (plus two NSW artists and one WA artist)
- 52 live music venues, festival sites and performance opportunities visited/explored
- Estimated approx. $280,000 (and up to $357,000) in new live music and other business opportunities generated from the 3 x VMC tours (guests only)
- All respondents (guests) said that the Victorian Music Crawl had:
- increased their awareness of music opportunities and activity in the areas visited;
- increased the likelihood of being involved in or increasing live music activity in the areas visited; and
- introduced them to new non-metro industry (and other) connections
- All respondents said that they were likely to engage further with new non-metro connections
- Average return on investment of approximately $3 for every $1 spent across 3 x VMC tours – total income/investment of $85,280.50 with at least $280,000 in expected/actual new business (up to $357,000)
- Achieved significant media interest, including TV, radio, print and online interviews and features
The Victorian Music Crawl was developed as part of the Victorian Government’s Music Works initiative. The program is delivered by Music Victoria on behalf of the Victorian Government and supported by local government, tourism and industry.
For more information please contact us.
For more information on what we're doing in regional Victoria see here.