APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED.
Who Can Apply?
Live Music Professionals is a program for active independent promoters, live music venues, venue band bookers and venue managers who could use support in order to:
- Improve a particular aspect of their business
- Strengthen their overall business
- Expand their knowledge in various fields relating their business
- Build professional networks.
We encourage anyone to apply who resides in, and their primary business is active in the state of Victoria.
Independent Promoters: In order to apply for the Independent Promoters stream, applicants must have been running regular events for at least the past 12 months and in that time have run events independently, outside of working for a major promoter or venue. This can include running a festival(s) or promoting various shows.
Venues: The applicant must be employed by, or own a venue which supports original live music and hosts a minimum of 12 original live music performances each year. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Venue owner
- Venue manager
- Band booker for the venue.
Participant spots are limited and a competitive selection process will operate. In addition to the eligibility criteria, sucessful participants must:
- Reside in, and have their primary business be active in, the state of Victoria
- Commit to identifying an area/s of their business that require/s support
- Commit to scheduling time to meet with the Live Music Professionals Project Manager (in May/June) in order to create a customised working plan for the program.
- Commit to attending the full-day program workshop launch (in early May) in Melbourne
- Commit to attending coaching sessions, on a date TBC, in Melbourne (towards the end of the program - August)
- Commit to attending the regional conference, location and date TBC (a two-day/overnight night event happening mid-program)
- Actively participate in and utilise an online forum to discuss, share and receive advice regarding their business
- Be responsive to all communication from the Live Music Professionals Project Manager
- Be willing to adhere to all Music Victoria policies and procedures.
Please also note that:
- Live Music Professionals is specifically aimed at developing for-profit venues
- Priority will be given to participants from for-profit venues
- However, a participant form a local government owned venue may be considered for inclusion in the program if there is a business case for support (for example: underrepresented/diverse participants or particularly remote, under-resourced local government areas.)
- For applicants where english is a second language or you are more comfortable with a verbal appliation, please contact the project manager to discuss other application options on the email below.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to arrange an interview. A selection panel will decide on the successful applicants.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED
Program enquiries can be directed to Music Victoria on (03) 9686 3411 or by emailing the Project Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.